Being 7 months pregnant in the middle of a pandemic, it’s hard not to have baby on the brain. My husband and I quickly agreed on our daughter’s first name, however, we have really struggled with finding a middle name that we both can agree on.
There are countless names out there to choose from, so why not name your little one after one of your favorite chatacters, video games, or author? I have taken it upon myself to find make a list of some of my favorite nerdy baby names in case you might find yourself in a similar situation.
1. Zelda – I couldn’t in good conscience make this list without including Zelda! This could be in reference to the beloved video game or even author, Zelda Fitzgerald. The name Zelda means “dark battle” so that is pretty epic in itself.
2. Kara – Because who wouldn’t want to name their daughter after Supergirl? The name Kara also means “beloved.” How precious is that?
3. Sora – Sora is a two for one for your little nerdlet. Featured in both Stargate Atlantis and the epic video game series Kingdom Hearts, Sora is a common unisex name in Japan. The name means “sky.”
4. Arya – Cue the Game of Thrones music that now will be stuck in my head all day. Arya is a beautiful name with Indian origins that means “noble goddess.”
5. Luna – Where are my Harry Potter people at? Luna is one of my favorite characters maybe of all time and would make a beautiful name for a baby girl. The name Luna means “moon.”
6. Kenobi – Because who wouldn’t want to name their son after one of the greatest Jedi’s ever to live? You could even go by “Ken” as a nickname.
7. Logan – Growing up watching the X-Men Animated Series, X-Men has always held a near and dear place in my heart. Naming your little one after the one and only Wolverine is just setting them up to be a badass in life. The name Logan means “small hollow” and has Scottish origins.
8. Jace – With Hebrew origins and meaning “the Lord is salvation,” Jace could also be used if you are a player of Magic: The Gathering.
9. Raiden – Okay I might have snuck this one in for my husband. While fighting games are not really my cup of tea, my husband can throw it down in some Mortal Kombat. The name also has an epic background, inspired by the Japanese thunder god, “Raijin.”
10. Leon – Quite possibly one of the most good looking video game characters of all time, you can’t go wrong naming your little boy Leon. Not only is this rookie cop from Resident Evil 2 a good choice, but the name also stems from Greek roots meaning “lion,” so that’s pretty epic.
Have you ever named your child after someone in your favorite nerdverse? Have any suggestions for our little nugget? Let us know below in the comments!